Who We Are
Our specialties include commercial and residential renovations, alterations and improvements. We handle insurance claims and also do historical restorations.
In 2014, we won the Staff Choice Award from the Hopewell Prince George Chamber of Commerce for our work on the Hopewell Prince George Visitor Center Project.
In 2017, Dino won the Historic Petersburg Foundation Craftsman/Artisan Award for his demonstrated excellence of skill, talent and dedication in preservation and restoration work in the City of Petersburg.
In 2017, we won the Tri-Cities Best of the Best award for our remodeling.
We continue to bring that award-winning service to each and every job.
History of Lunsford Construction
At just 24 years old, Mr. Lunsford started DF Lunsford Construction as a Class C Contractor in 1998 while employed by TMP. He began to grow this as his side business.
In 2004, Dino left TMP to become a certified Class A Contractor in Hopewell, VA where he was taking any job he could to make sure his business survived during a recession.
In 2017, Dino saw success enough where he could move his business from City Point to Historic Petersburg to begin his work in real estate acquisitions and land development.
In 2018, DF Lunsford began a 68-unit renovation for Thalhimer Realty Partners.
Some of his most recognizable developments include:
- The renovation of Old Towne’s Alibi,
- the historic South Side Depot and Mahone Train Station,
- WH Talley Insurance’s historical Storefront,
- multiple projects in Hopewell including the City Manager’s suite,
- several projects for Colonial Orthopedics including a large physical Therapy Area expansion,
- a new X-ray room, and multiple tenant upfits for them,
- several projects at West Rock Paper Mill,
- the Jury’s Inn in historic Petersburg,
- and lastly, his recent featured reconstruction of the Three Brothers Distillery that was aired on the Discovery Channel’s show: Moonshiner’s Whiskey Business.